"Making people believe the unbelievable is no trick; it's work...Belief and reader absorption come in the details: An overturned tricycle in the gutter of an abandoned neighborhood can stand for everything." -Stephen King

Monday, January 23, 2012

Sit down and write already!

Well, I don't know if you all have the same problem as I do sometimes but it seems that I have taken way too long of a break since my last "writing session". Ok, I can come up with all the excuses I want - I'm not in the mood, I have a full-time job, I'd rather surf the social networks, my kids have homework, I have a meeting, I'm too busy building my "followers" list on twitter, I don't have a enough time, I'm too tired, I can't sit still, WHATEVER! It's time to stop making the excuses!      

OK, maybe I'm saying that more to myself that to anyone else. Yes, it's time for me to stop making the excuses. Like writing this blog...I decided to sit down and write this instead of working on my novel, which I might add is about 3/4 of the way done. So, why am I not writing? Maybe this is an exercise that I need in order to get in the mode and ready to write. Yes, that's it! I can already feel the juices flowing. I tell you what! I promise that as soon as I post this piece that I'll open up my story and write a couple of pages. And, who knows, maybe that couple of pages will turn into 4 or 5 pages ... or more..




I guess my point is - and I'm making it more for myself - that if you keep making excuses, you'll never get your project finished. Even if you only write for 10 minutes a day, that's, at least, something. So, that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to commit to writing for, at least, 10 minutes each day. Even if it's just in a journal to put down my thoughts. At least I'm writing, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment